Dr. Y. P. S. Berwal Eminent Academic administrator having 26 years of rich experience in Technical Education field. Having qualifications B.E., M.E. Computer Engg. & Doctorate from N.I.T. Kurukshetra specialization in Analysis and Design of Adaptive Multi-path Routing Algorithms and published 14 Research papers in reputed National/International Journals/Conferences. Got appreciation letter in 2004 for dedication of duties for establishment of Govt. Engineering College, Panniwala Mota (Sirsa) from Financial Commissioner & Secretary, Technical Education, Haryana.
Got Rajaram Bapu Patil National award in Dec., 2007 by Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi for promising work in Technical Education.
Working as Director Principal, Govt. Engineering College, Nilokheri (Karnal) w.e.f. 11.1.2016 as well as Additional Secretary in HSBTE, Panchkula. Earlier worked as Additional Director(Engg.) Technical Education Department Haryana w.e.f. 28.12.2012 till 31.5.2016and looked after the duties in the Directorate like Administration, Technical Universities, Project Development, Policy Planning &Coordination, TEQIP, World Bank Projects, Post Matric scholarships schemes etc. at the state level. Worked as Director-Principal at CDLM Govt. Engg. College Panniwala Mota, Sirsa w.e.f. 13.8.2013 to 27.12.2013.
Worked as Director in AICTE New Delhi w.e.f. 25.05.2010 to 3.12.2012. Looked after the duties as Bureau Head for Policy Planning and Co-ordination Bureau, Internal Audit Cell, RTI Cell and Complaint Cell. In addition, Approval Bureau work also executed. Previously worked in Academic Bureau in AICTE, New Delhi w.e.f. from May, 2010 to March, 2011.
• Worked as Convener of the Committee for framing the Norms, Rules and Regulations for Imparting Technical Education through Distance Education Mode at the National Level.
• Worked as Convener of the Committee for Model Curriculum development for Diploma, Degree and Post Graduate at the National Level.
• Worked as Principal (Engg.), in Technical Education Deptt., Haryana w.e.f. 29.8.2003to 24.05.2010. I prepared the proposals(Reports) for getting several projects like EDC, MODROB, Seminar Grants, World bank project for improvement of infrastructure of the Technical Institute.
• Worked as Chief Coordinator for monitoring & executing several Projects sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and sponsored by All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) , New Delhi like Entrepreneur Development Programme for different disciplines of Engineering.
• Worked as Research Paper Reviewer for International Journal of IEEE Communication Letters in 2007, 2013.
Nominated as Associate Editor for the International Journal of Networking, Information Science and Technology.
• Served as Member Secretary for the Committee for preparation of Annual Report2010-11, 11-12 of AICTE, New Delhi at the National Level.
• Worked as Convener of the committee of All India Board of Studies for framing the norms for running Part- Time programmes in Engineering at the level of Diploma, Degree and Post-Graduation in technical institutions approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
• Worked in Chaudhary Devi Lal Memorial Government Engineering College, Panniwala Mota for establishment of Lab, Internet facility, Procurement, Finalization of tender documents etc. from May 2003 to August 2003.
• The Name was approved for Foreign Fellowship Training Program on Multi-Media Package, Computer Graphic & Video Graphic during 1998-99 by Govt. of Haryana for Australia under World Bank Project.
• Sponsored by Govt. of Haryana to present a research paper titled as,” Bandwidth Sensitive Multi-Path Routing Algorithm”, in the 8th IASTED International Conf. on Wireless and Optical Communications held at Quebec City, Canada, in May 2008.
• Chaired the session of Computer Science & Engineering research papers being the expert during the National Conference titled as Ist Futuristic Trends in Engineering &Technology (FTET-08) on 28.1.2008 at JCD Memorial College of Engineering, Sirsa.
• Addressed the Experts / Research Scholars and students of Engineering Colleges on03.05.2014 in the International Conference held at Ganpati Institute of Engineering &Management, Bilaspur, Jagadhari, Yamuna Nagar being a Chief Guest of the function.Served as Member State Board of Technical Education, Haryana, Computer Engg. Subject Expert in HPSC for the post of Lecturer, Haryana and member of several other committees at state level Haryana.
• Conducted several short term courses like Computer Awareness Course for Industry people, AutoCAD course for Civil and Architecture Engineers and diploma holders etc. for generating internal revenue for the Institute. In addition to it conducted the Entrepreneur awareness program for faculty and students of different Technical Institutes of Haryana state.
• Participated in Hindi Workshop on 18.11.2010 conducted by AICTE, New. Delhi.
• Attended several short term courses like Examination reforms, Accreditation & ISO9001,2000 ,Performance appraisal, Management Development training programme, Excellence in Technical Education Through innovation sponsored by ISTE, New Delhi, Efficient handling of personnel related legal cases, Regional Summit on Quality in Education etc.
• Worked as Expert Jury Member of Hindi Speech Competition organized by AICTE in September 2011.
• Contribution towards implementing the Official Language Policy of Govt. of India in AICTE and progressive use of Hindi in the working of AICTE.
• BOG meeting of Ch. Devi Lal Memorial Government Engineering College, Panniwala Mota, Sirsa got conducted successfully on 26.09.2013 being a Member Secretary of BOG.
• Nominated as State Nominee in the UGC Team on the request of UGC for granting the autonomous status to technical institution. (i.e. PD Memorial College of Engineering, Bahadurgarh, Jhajjar) DTE Letter No. 1331/Colleges dated 27.11.2015.
Member of Professional Bodies
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Institution of Engineers (India) (IE(I))
- International Association of Engineers. (IAENG)
- International Journals - Five
- International Conferences - Two
- National Journal - Two
- Asian/National Conference - Four
- National Seminar - One
- Book on DBMS - One
Project Reports Prepared
- Seminar Grants
- Community Development Scheme through Polytechnics
- Result Framework Document of Technical Education Department Haryana (RFD)
- Annual Report of AICTE for the year 2010-11 and 2011-12